Division of Wildlife Open Houses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EaglePoint, Mar 4, 2016.

1. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

2. Qback5

Qback5 Member

My daughters b-day party is during that time so I posted a comment online. The proposal for Funk is not a good idea with how short the migration is here.

3. Dukwakr

Dukwakr Active Member

Won't do a damn thing. Everything is already set in stone.

4. EaglePoint

I hear ya... Always amazed at the line dip up around funk and down below killbuck. Grand lake - same deal.

5. MaktheQwk

MaktheQwk Well-Known Member

Au con·traire Steve-a-reeno. My little birdy tells me that there is a full court press on down state to overturn the new Rt. 30 boundary zone, with members of the wildlife council being pressured to re-examine the proposal. I urge everyone who likes the boundary being moved back up to Rt. 30 to leave a positive comment on the ODOW website if you cannot attend the district hearings. Currently approved, who knows what the right amount of pressure can do to overturning the redistricting?

6. DMan

DMan Active Member

Moving the line is fine but the dates for the new zones should be modified. It's crazy we go from 35 days or so from mid-november to mid-December open to hunt from the 70 line to the new line and now there will be none. Just stupid. Open it mid-November and run it straight to mid January.

7. EaglePoint

8. ROSEBUD

ROSEBUD Member Lifetime Supporter

How many of you fellas were at these meetings? I couldnt make it but wanted to know how it went???

9. DMan

DMan Active Member

There's really not much feedback. You can go and express your thoughts and they basically take notes.

10. IMissed

IMissed Member

Couldn't make the open house so I submitted online comment.

11. Tuco

Tuco Member

Just heard "bonus gun" might be changing from wed/thur to weekend before X-mas, maybe the bitchin' helped - I know my wife thinks it does.

12. EaglePoint

I was scheduled to work Saturday. The ones I've made in past years at Findlay were well attended. Talking to wildlife officers who can actually explain the why and how behind some of these changes is very helpful. The changes are not always as senseless as they seem on the surface. For example, past surveys were used in determining the Rt 30 zone boundary for the next 5 years.

13. Dan_O

Dan_O Well-Known Member

Just because they changed the lines doesn't mean they should screw the old part of the south zone. The later dates are simply better for south zone hunting. If we have some regular winter weather for a change.

14. mslater

mslater Active Member

Way to go bitches!

15. EaglePoint

Agreed

16. DMan

DMan Active Member

The zone is significantly bigger and encompasses a much larger population now than it did in the past. It's not about screwing anyone; it's about looking to do what works best for this much large zone. Maybe get a little creative with how and when splits are set. Maybe mid November to mid December, shut it down for a couple weeks, and reopen it late December till the last weekend in January.

There's a lot of options if people would just think a bit more....

17. toby

toby Member

They could move the line up to the turnpike and it really wouldn't matter. All we have up north is Lake Erie, the marshes around the west end and the area around mosquito and pymatuning. Oh, and killbuck. I guess they could draw a circle around it and put it in the north.

18. ROSEBUD

ROSEBUD Member Lifetime Supporter

I think moving the south zone up to 30 will be good, we just need some decent weather up in Canayda an we will be alright

19. Dukwakr

Dukwakr Active Member

Well Mike,
    I see the only thing they changed so far was the deer. No waterfowl.
    I cant see them changing anything now for the boundary. USFWS wants that info set like asap.

20. IMissed

IMissed Member

The only new (proposed) boundary map I saw was US 33 west, GLSM in N Zone & I.L. in South? That's 25 miles south of US30? Where is the map with US30 as proposed split

thnx!