Coyotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by SouthernOhioBoy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. SouthernOhioBoy

SouthernOhioBoy New Member

<P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Almost lost my lab yesterday evening! I have 180-acre farm about a mile from my parent’s house. My lab likes to wonder down there and visit sometimes...even though he's not permitted to. Last night about 7pm I went outside and whistled for him. About 250 yards away, he was running for his life! He had 2 coyotes about 10 yards behind him running between 2 bean fields. I went in and grabbed the 270. They got within 75 yards. I missed the first one by a hair. The second one jumped about 10 foot in the air and ran into the beans. Put the 270 back in safe and now have the AR-15 out for easy access.... my choice weapon for varmints anyway.&nbsp;I'll be spending the evenings thinning&nbsp;out the yotes now! &nbsp;</SPAN></P>

2. SouthernOhioBoy

SouthernOhioBoy New Member

<P>Called in one last night. Have a bunch of young dogs on the farm. I'm going to wipe them out this weekend.</P>

3. wingman

wingman Member

<P>Hope you take them out!!!&nbsp; Good Luck!!!</P>

4. DiverDown

DiverDown New Member

<P>The sad part is as you take them out more will come into the area, when dealing with yotes it will become a yearly/daily thing. good luck. DD</P>

5. derrikecope1990

derrikecope1990 New Member

<P>hey if you need a little help getting rid of those bastards ive got a AK-47 and my dad has a colt AR. im sure we could help thin em out.</P>