contest entrys and being a member

Discussion in 'Calls: Duck, Goose, Turkey, Predator' started by ducky152000, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ducky152000

ducky152000 Active Member

Hi i just got my log in name and love this site, i been on it for about a year and was wondering how i could be a member and how to be a feild editor, Anyways i was wondering how the age was at contest is 17 an adult or kid or what? im 17 because i would like to do some callin realy bad and its been one of my dreams to be a contest caller but i feel that i would be too shaken up and scared to go aginst adults because its my first time, i think going aginst kids my age will realy shake me up, I have a SMH and love the call. I think i would be good enough to do meat contest and mybe regular contest if i could mybe get to do some callin with someone that does contest callin so i no if im doin ok or not. I live around new phila and if anyone lives around there and would be willing to help me out, that would be great, THANKS
    P.S when is the next time they are doing banding i never went, but would love to

2. BrettBuss

BrettBuss New Member

Brock,

You have come to the right place. There are a bunch of great guys here at OW with a lot of calling knowledge that will be more then willing to get you started in the right direction. I know there is a Contest that is being held at Crane Creek on Sept. 25th & 26th that would be a great place for you to call. There will be a Youth Calling Contest for both Duck & Goose as well as 2man Meat Duck/Goose calling contests as well.

Any and of these contests will give you the much needed stage time. "Stage Time" is probably the most important part of Contest Calling. A majority of the callers know what they need to do with the call, but once on stage forget even the basics.

Practices, Practices Good Luck and hope to see you at Crane Creek.

Brett Buss
    Avery Outdoors Pro-Staff

3. ducky152000

ok ill try my hardest to get there at crane creek. i realy would love just go and be at a contest to see how it is even if dont do good it will be a great experance
    thanks for the support and info.

4. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Brock,<br> &nbsp;Your already a member of OW by just being here and using the site.<br> <br> &nbsp;Also if your interested in becoming a field reporter, what I would ask you to do is put a hunters resume together and email it to me, this way it can be looked over, remember I keep all resumes on file this way if any one leaves or OW feels we need more people in a certain area we draw from what we have.<br> Thank You.<br>

5. ducky152000

that sounds great, but im not sure how i do that hunters resume thing and im not sure where i go abouts finding it?