1. LSDrake05

LSDrake05 Member

? For all you with AR experience (I haven't shot too many).....i know the options and styles are endless...I am looking into the Colt LE6920 all I've heard are positive things but am curious if any of you have shot this gun and what was your take? I plan to place a scope on it and play around with reloading to see how dialed in I can get it for varmints and predator hunting. Thanks for any info!

2. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

The last time I looked, Rock River offered the heavy barrel model that weighed the most. I shoot a lot of 223. All bolt guns. A good trigger and a good barrel make all the difference.

Keep in mind the twist rate when deciding on what weight bullets you want to load for it. Im shooting 50-60 grain bullets out of a 9 twist. MJ

3. fallingfowl

fallingfowl Active Member

The LE6920 is a solid gun and accurate shooter, backed with Colts guarantee you cant go wrong. Been thru many doors with guys carrying one and never once concerned about its reliability.

What price you get one one?

4. Orangemilk

Orangemilk Member

My AR is a Smith my Dad's is a Colt.

His is heavier

He likes it very much.

Can not contest to how it shoots as I shoot mine and he shoots his, but we both shoot them very well, quite accurate.

5. LSDrake05

LSDrake05 Member

Fallingfowl- I did end up going with the LE6920. I like the 1:7 twist for reloading hotter heavier loads and just the trusted name Colt which I hear helps hold its value? Hope to get out soon and shoot some. As far as price you can never be too safe....with the Cabelas Bass Pro rumors floating around I made my way to Cabelas and used my points for a couple guns, so I was out the door for $0! Figured if nothing else I can sell it someday and hope the value holds!

6. fallingfowl

fallingfowl Active Member

I like the speed on the 1:7 twist, you should find that bullet weights between 55-85 grains to stabilize well from that platform and give you your best down range accuracy. Good luck and happy shooting.