Chicks

Discussion in 'Lake Erie' started by GOOSE48, Jul 25, 2005.

1. GOOSE48

GOOSE48 Member

<P>Fished around the chicks yesterday with one person and had 8 keepers and 12 throw backs. Rained all morning with 2 good storms called it quits about two o'clock. Ran through 4 to 6 foot waves all the way home.&nbsp;</P>

2. JP

JP Well-Known Member

<P>&nbsp;I fished that same area on Sunday also ! What type of boat were you fishing out of? </P>

3. GOOSE48

GOOSE48 Member

<P>I was running a 27 ft sports-craft intercoastal, there was 2 28 ft marinates by me and a small boat trolling and a blue soft top sport.</P>

4. GOOSE48

GOOSE48 Member

Hey&nbsp; JP which boat were you in, and are you going to be out there this weekend.

5. JP

JP Well-Known Member

<P>Goose We were in a 30 sport. Unfortunately i have other commitments for this weekend so i wont&nbsp;make it&nbsp;out but wish i&nbsp;could . That ride in Sunday afternoon sure was a bumpy one wasn't it ? Where did you come out of ?</P>

6. GOOSE48

GOOSE48 Member

<P>I am coming out of East harbor so I had to run straight into them all the way in. Were are you coming out of?</P>

7. JP

JP Well-Known Member

<P>We came out of west harbor. On Monday we went looking on the north east side&nbsp;of&nbsp;Pelee and should have just ran back to the chicks but we were looking for some bigger fish.Good luck if you make it out this weekend !</P>

8. GOOSE48

GOOSE48 Member

I was right by the big spar on the east side of the chicks and two of the fish were 25 inchers.

9. JP

JP Well-Known Member

<P>&nbsp;When the second storm came through and the wind really started to blow we picked up a 28 but most of the fish were the 21 inch class</P>