Chesapeake Bay --- Stud Dogs

Discussion in 'Ohio Gun Dogs' started by Duxbak, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Duxbak

Duxbak New Member

<P>I have a 3 year old female.HR Title, working on her Ch. O.F.A. Cert. hips. I am trying to locate a Very good stud dog.&nbsp;I have&nbsp;talked to a gentleman from&nbsp;Canada who has a very good dog, he has also seen my dog and has agreed, but it is a 7 hour drive.&nbsp;My job schedule is changing, and I will have a hard time making that trip the first weeks of October.&nbsp; Would like O.F.A. hips and some&nbsp;kind of&nbsp;hunt test or trial background.&nbsp;Very good disposition around people and other dogs. Any help would be appreciated.</P>

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Member

<P>D. Location Important?&nbsp; North East Ohio, Chesterland Area. John Ackerman 440 338 1790;&nbsp; Hurricane's Express Courior ; Currie was the number 1 Chesse trial dog in the country last year and is tied for number 1 now with his cousin DC AFC&nbsp; Blaze. C &amp; B were the only Chesses qualified for the National Am this year, Blaze did not start and Currie went out in the 6th.&nbsp; Curries out of DC AFC Gambler's Dilwyn-Stacked Deck MH&nbsp; X&nbsp; HRCH - CH&nbsp; The Hurricane&nbsp; WDQ&nbsp; MH &nbsp;Qualified All-Age.&nbsp; Blaze is a DC AFC&nbsp; Rudy son&nbsp;. Rudy is a 1/2 brother to the Hurricane above via&nbsp; AFC Caroway's Wild Goose Chase.&nbsp; Blaze's breedings have been hit and miss. I think there are pics on Ret. Central.&nbsp; Good Luck&nbsp; Any questions;&nbsp;P. Kaufmann 440 734 4675 </P>

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly New Member

<P>Check out Vonhausman Kennels.co in Geneva, Ohio.</P>

4. CMDUX

CMDUX Member

<P>go with ackerman.&nbsp; hands down.&nbsp; end of story.&nbsp; no ifs ands or butts.</P>

5. fishnhunt

fishnhunt New Member

<P>MY FREIND OWNS SHINES BAIT AND TACKLE. HAS A THREE YEAR OLD CHESSIE. THAT HE STUDS OUT. GOOD LOOKING DOG. SHOP IS LOCATED ON E.55TH DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND. HE HAS CLOSED FOR THE WINTER. I CAN GET A HOLD OF HIM IF YOUR INTERESTED.&nbsp;&nbsp; KEN</P>

6. Trainer

Trainer New Member

<P>Check out my web sites stud page.&nbsp; My big guy Sammy, has produced over 130 pups.&nbsp; Perfect confirmation and good field dog.&nbsp; His pups are usually sold before they are born.&nbsp; Was offered $40,000 for him when he was 4 yrs old due to his strong genetic traits.&nbsp; He is now almost 9 yrs old.&nbsp; Just had his eyes cleared again and is OFA excellent.&nbsp; His sperm count remains as high as it did when he was younger.&nbsp; DNA tests at the University of Atlanta showed numbers that indicates a very strong genetic soundness.&nbsp; My vet calls him The Legend.&nbsp; If interested, contact me.&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim</P>

7. NBlabs

NBlabs Member

Trainer, could you elaborate on the statement "DNA tests at the University of Atlanta showed numbers that indicates a very strong genetic soundness." What type of tests are you talking about, screening for genetic disease? Or semen quality type tests? If genetic disease tests which diseases are being tested for? I am always trying to keep up with what testing is available. Never can do too much to weed out problems.
    Thanks
    NBlabs

8. Duxbak

Duxbak New Member

<P><FONT size=5>She has been breed to AFC Hurricane's Express Courier. Puppies are due around Christmas. Thanks everyone for your responses. </FONT></P>