Can you recommend targets for a beginner

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Haystack, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Haystack

Haystack New Member

<P>I am new to archery and have bought a crossbow. I went to Gander's and was boggled with all of the various targets, and low to high prices. I am new to the sport so any recommendations on good targets would be appreciated.</P>

2. blackswamp

blackswamp Member

<P>Any target from morrel (sp). For broadheads get the yellow jacket. I would stay away from the block myself. Good Luck!</P>

3. py_archer

py_archer New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">One of the cheap ones will stop a crossbow bolt, save your money.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">One thing I would recomend is, if you do any running, is to have&nbsp;your stuff laid out and shoot&nbsp;as soon as&nbsp;you get back while&nbsp;your heart rate is still elevated. It's good practice! Try it you'll see what I mean. Works with guns too.</P>

4. TURKTAKER

TURKTAKER New Member

<P>personally,I use the deer target.el cheapo at gander was 49$ on sale,hit the vitals and stops broadheads nice without damage.get a arrow puller for 5$,back up target with 2 rows hay for friends who shoot long bows.got 10' of scaffold set up for elevated accuracy.always felt the 3d deer targets helped alot in getting ready.never shot a 2x2 square sneaking thru the woods.just my opinion.GOOD LUCK!</P>

5. quackerwacker

quackerwacker New Member

<P>I am an avid bowhunter, and I have shot @ every brand or type of targets know to mankind, and I currently own 4 of the Mckenzie "blocks", they are durable enough to shoot with broadheads, and light weight enough to move easily</P>