Buckeye Lake Blind #15

Discussion in 'Central Ohio' started by H2OFOWL, Oct 31, 2015.

1. H2OFOWL

H2OFOWL Member

Went to Blind 15 this morning to hunt and as we motored up to it we could see something was different. Someone had used the blind and cut all the cover down around and piled it up in front of the water in a 15 foot wall to hide from the water. We had not cut any cover down as there is riprap bank behind us and we had just been sitting in the cover to hide as you are blended in. Now it looks like a bulldozer took everything out between the water and the bank except for the brushpile. On top of that they left all thier trash which I cleaned up. After next Saturday we are carryiing everrything away and we will use ground blinds there to hide. There is a small blind there with everyone's name on a paper on a post that is allowed to hunt there and no one in the grooup was ouit yesterday. Just had to get it off my chest. We had been doing well there as no one else we though could get there as we have mud motors. It appears they walked in from the houses behind the blind.

2. mslater

mslater Active Member

That sounds about right. You're fortunate they weren't set up and you had to wait at first light for them to pack their crap up so you could set up. Nothing like having ducks buzz you while you're setting decoys because some jack wagon can't follow the rules.

3. H2OFOWL

H2OFOWL Member

As mad as my buddies were I do not think that would have happened. Decoys might have been sunk in place:shootingguns:

4. gwright32

gwright32 New Member

Hello,

I live fairly close to Buckeye Lake, I was just wondering how the blinds work? I know they draw for blinds, but can the blinds still be hunted by people that did not win? I assume there are rules but I was unable to find them. I am considering hunting Buckeye Lake since I cannot find any private land but I want to do it in the proper way and not break any rules.

Are all blinds only accessible by boat?

Thanks,
    DuckHunter58

5. WorldBFreebase

WorldBFreebase Resident Antagonist

you might want to contact the park and let them know so they don't think you did it

6. H2OFOWL

H2OFOWL Member

All blinds are the property of those drawn and whoever they give permission slips to use. Thye are accessible if you have a mud motor or kayak as water is too low. That is how we ended up with ours. The original drawee could not get his boat within a 100 yards of it.