Banded Axe Boat Blind Advice....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MUDLAB, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MUDLAB

MUDLAB Member

Just purchased a 2016 TRACKER GRIZZLY® 1654 MVX Sportsman and now we are trying to fit the boat with a boat blind. After doing some research we are leaning towards a 2xl (14') Banded Axe Boat blind. Does anyone own or have hunted out of this blind. Looking for your opinion or advice on this blind.

2. Qback5

Qback5 Member

Don't know a thing about it...but your boat is awesome...congrats on the purchase!

3. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

I have the xl axe blind on a grizzly 1648, I love the blind! It is plenty big enough! I have hunted 4 guys in it! 3 and a dog! 2 a dog and a grill! Only thing I suggest is add grass kits to break it up[​IMG][​IMG]

4. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

I will add it's kinda a pain to get up and down by yourself but after a few times you will get the hang of it. If u want to come see mine dm me we can work something out

5. OhioFisher

OhioFisher Member

Tracker Grizzly, all welded... every year. Hopefully yours works out for ya man. Good looking blind.

6. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

Ohio fisher what do you mean? Something wrong with my boat?

7. baldwin

baldwin Member

Great looking boats!!!! Just curious, (I have a small jon boat and kayak - i've never really hunted lakes bigger than LaDue) is a boat this size big enough for the big lake, or is the set-up for something more like Mosquito?

8. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

I hunt mine on all central Ohio lakes and have had it in some sketchy situations. I have a 25 hp on it and the only thing I would do is beef up horsepower. Had a few times where the motor struggled against high wind and waves with a loaded boat. But none the less I have made it back every time.

9. lbento04

lbento04 Member

Any problems with the roof sagging ? When it rains or snows since there's not much support ?

10. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

Yeah there is some sag to it but I just tend to roll the top open so means it helps keep it tight

11. OhioFisher

OhioFisher Member

Hope not have too many friends that have had trouble with their trackers including mine. Quick google search will give you enough to read for a month. They won't do the big water unfortunately. Good luck in your ventures.

12. wingbuster

wingbuster Member

Wow, wouldn't want try busting ice in that boat.:mad: