Ash Cave

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjmaurer, Mar 26, 2016.

1. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

Anybody ever been there? I saw a story about it on the Ohio Channel. Looks like a nice place to do a road trip. Located in Hocking Hills. MJ

2. TFmdl12

TFmdl12 Member

Worth the trip,end of April, first of may is a great time, wild flowers are out and turkeys gobbling, old mans cave is about 5 miles away, they have lodging as well as cabins, alot to do, rocky boots in nelsonville, ash cave, old mans cave, zaleski, and Athens for a college town drunk.

3. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

Thanks, from one Model 12 man to another! MJ

4. Murphy21280

Murphy21280 Member

i went to college at hocking its a great place to visit old man cave, ash cave and cedar falls is a great 6 mile hike. If you plain on staying the weekend check out rock bridge, rock house and concise hollow. There is free camping at the CCC hunters camp in wayne national forest it is primitive but restroom and fire wood.

5. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

6. chucker61

chucker61 Member

Great weekend, was there last summer, here's a couple of pics.

Must do the Hocking Hills Canopy Tours. 3 hours of ziplining. Lots of fun.

First pic is Ash, not sure on the others

Also go to Millstone BBQ and Olde Dutch --15 different kinds of homemade Amish pies and great buffet both are in Logan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Ever been to moonville tunnel?

8. Murphy21280

Murphy21280 Member

Good old Moonville, the ccc hunters camp is 5 min away from Moonville. You ever go up to look out rock?

9. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

Thanks for all the replies and pics- Chuck. I gotta make time to do this. It's right here. MJ

10. Murphy21280

Murphy21280 Member

Third weekend of January hocking hill puts on a winter hike. It's a 6 mile hike half way through the hike there's food drink and bonfire put on by the park system. Our family have doing the hike for over 45 years great time!!

11. MikeBeatty

MikeBeatty FKA Boomn4x4

Can't believe you've never been down to Hocking Hills... great place. We do a family reuinion down there every year and rent a large cabin, ususally in the fall when the hiking is best. Will be there this spring this year though..

12. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

Lookout rock no I don't think so. I have camped at the horsemans camp and at Zaleski & Hope Lake State Park. Most of my turkey hunting was east of 278 above raccoon creek.