Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Worth the trip,end of April, first of may is a great time, wild flowers are out and turkeys gobbling, old mans cave is about 5 miles away, they have lodging as well as cabins, alot to do, rocky boots in nelsonville, ash cave, old mans cave, zaleski, and Athens for a college town drunk.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i went to college at hocking its a great place to visit old man cave, ash cave and cedar falls is a great 6 mile hike. If you plain on staying the weekend check out rock bridge, rock house and concise hollow. There is free camping at the CCC hunters camp in wayne national forest it is primitive but restroom and fire wood.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great weekend, was there last summer, here's a couple of pics.

Must do the Hocking Hills Canopy Tours. 3 hours of ziplining. Lots of fun.

First pic is Ash, not sure on the others

Also go to Millstone BBQ and Olde Dutch --15 different kinds of homemade Amish pies and great buffet both are in Logan

·
1 more pass? No Way!
9,404 Posts
i went to college at hocking its a great place to visit old man cave, ash cave and cedar falls is a great 6 mile hike. If you plain on staying the weekend check out rock bridge, rock house and concise hollow. There is free camping at the CCC hunters camp in wayne national forest it is primitive but restroom and fire wood.
Ever been to moonville tunnel?

·
1 more pass? No Way!
9,404 Posts
Good old Moonville, the ccc hunters camp is 5 min away from Moonville. You ever go up to look out rock?
Lookout rock no I don't think so. I have camped at the horsemans camp and at Zaleski & Hope Lake State Park. Most of my turkey hunting was east of 278 above raccoon creek.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.