Ohio Waterfowler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to do something special for my Dad this season as he turns 65yrs young. I'd love to take him down to Arkansas for a flooded timber hunt.
It will be a surprise gift to say "Thank You" to a man who has been a great example to me (and others) on how to be a man, husband, father and hunter.
Any recommendations anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I really want to do something special for my Dad this season as he turns 65yrs young. I'd love to take him down to Arkansas for a flooded timber hunt.
It will be a surprise gift to say "Thank You" to a man who has been a great example to me (and others) on how to be a man, husband, father and hunter.
Any recommendations anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt
I dont have anything for you, but I honestly hope you find a place to go because you gave me a good idea for my dad who got me into this great sport 21 years ago. Happy hunting for you guys!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The thought of watching a bunch of cupped up mallards dropping through the trees into the decoys with my Dad seems to be a great way to celebrate his birthday! He has no clue I'm planning this either!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Stuttgart chamber of commerce is a good place to start... later in the year is better...

I posted a similar question on the Arkansas forum of the refuge...not even askimg for names...just "What questions I should ask to help sort the good from the bad".....and the only advice I got was "spend lots of money and you'll be guaranteed good accomodations".... good luck and sort them hard....a lot of untrusty outfits...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Haven't been...planning on going to watch the world duck this year and was hoping to hunt a couple days since I'd be in town and season is in.

·
1 more pass? No Way!
9,404 Posts
Five Oaks Duck Lodge seems top shelf.

Have never been but a friend guides there. He lives and breathes it!

Name is Chad.
I've hunted right beside 5 oaks at a club called black dog. 5 oaks looks very nice. We freelance the bayou meto and a couple private flooded rice fields south of Humphrey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.