Arkansas timber hunt Recommendations appreciate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matthunts8, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Matthunts8

Matthunts8 Member

I really want to do something special for my Dad this season as he turns 65yrs young. I'd love to take him down to Arkansas for a flooded timber hunt.
    It will be a surprise gift to say "Thank You" to a man who has been a great example to me (and others) on how to be a man, husband, father and hunter.
    Any recommendations anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt

2. ROSEBUD

ROSEBUD Member Lifetime Supporter

I dont have anything for you, but I honestly hope you find a place to go because you gave me a good idea for my dad who got me into this great sport 21 years ago. Happy hunting for you guys!

3. Matthunts8

Matthunts8 Member

Thanks! The thought of watching a bunch of cupped up mallards dropping through the trees into the decoys with my Dad seems to be a great way to celebrate his birthday! He has no clue I'm planning this either!!

4. copper

copper Member

Stuttgart chamber of commerce is a good place to start... later in the year is better...

I posted a similar question on the Arkansas forum of the refuge...not even askimg for names...just "What questions I should ask to help sort the good from the bad".....and the only advice I got was "spend lots of money and you'll be guaranteed good accomodations".... good luck and sort them hard....a lot of untrusty outfits...

5. Matthunts8

Matthunts8 Member

Thanks, I have been going through the list on the chambers website. May I ask who you went with?

6. copper

copper Member

Haven't been...planning on going to watch the world duck this year and was hoping to hunt a couple days since I'd be in town and season is in.

7. Ragtime

Ragtime Active Member

Five Oaks Duck Lodge seems top shelf.

Have never been but a friend guides there. He lives and breathes it!

Name is Chad.

8. EaglePoint

EaglePoint 1 more pass? No Way!

I've hunted right beside 5 oaks at a club called black dog. 5 oaks looks very nice. We freelance the bayou meto and a couple private flooded rice fields south of Humphrey.

9. fowlout

fowlout New Member

Www.duxmenoutfitters.com
    Try these guys out. I moved to Ohio a year ago and these guys are from my hometown. They have a nice variety of timber and field blinds in a premier area of northeast Arkansas. It will save you two hrs of driving down to a crowded Stuttgart.