2 Questions for the vet's

Discussion in 'Diver Hunter Forum' started by Ducksdemise, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Ducksdemise

Ducksdemise Member

I have a 18ft starcraft for my tender boat. I will mostly be hunting Lake Erie what color should I paint the boat?

#2 Where and what kind of rope do you guys buy for your Longline set ups.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. F350

F350 New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Hey there Ducksdemise,</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I can give more information on color and rigging.&nbsp; I have line that is much more durable than "tarred nylon."&nbsp; I have the same boat as you, used as a working boat and have many suggestions, too many to type here.&nbsp; I could also offer you some other options for decoy rigging and other stuff that pertains to Lake Erie gunning.</P>

3. BFG

BFG Well-Known Member

Please share on the open forum.....lots of folks could benefit.....

Thanks,

BFG

4. stumpknocker

stumpknocker New Member

<P>anchor / mother line info: there is a vendor who does both pte mouilee and crane creek waterfowl shows who will have (arguably) the largest tents at either show. this guy brings hundreds of spools of all diameters&nbsp;of lines, ropes, braids, twists, tarred, dyed, colored, clips, clamps, tricks and weights and sells at some descent bulk pricing. if you like to handle the stuff before you buy, that might be the guy to try. trot line line clips are better bought at atagulf</P>

5. Duckkiller44

Duckkiller44 Member

<P>I use 3 /16 ths. olive drab diamond braid from decoy rigs for my long lines, with&nbsp; 6 in. gang line clips from greenhead gear on my decoys.</P>

6. Joe

Joe New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Jim,</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I painted my 18' Starcraft open water dark grey (flat marine enamel from LSB)</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">I use 120 tarred line from Memphis Net and Twine for my longlines.&nbsp; I also use 5" stainless clips with swivels from the same company.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Window sash weights work great to anchor both ends of the longlines.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P>