10 to 12 foot john boat wanted

Discussion in 'Boats and Blinds' started by Duckdude, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Duckdude

Duckdude AKA Yo Daddy

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">looking for a 10 to 12 foot john boat. i have a 5 and 6 hp motor just need something to push with them. or even a light 12 foot&nbsp;v bottom. let me know if anyone is looking to get rid of one. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">chris</P>

2. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>Friend has a 1247 that he will be selling. He's stored it in my yard for the last 3 years and it hasn't seen water except rain. It's also sitting on a galvinized trailer.</P>

3. sirhuntalot

sirhuntalot Member

<P>Jim, if Chris does not want&nbsp;your friends boat&nbsp;let me know.&nbsp; I am in the market for a boat also, just lost mine in the last storm (a tree fell on it and crushed it).&nbsp; Thank you,&nbsp; Tom</P>

4. Duckdude

Duckdude AKA Yo Daddy

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">any idea what the asking price is? </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">chris</P>

5. ramerod

ramerod New Member

<P>i have a 12ft seaking for 300. camo i live in kent </P>

6. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>the guy that owns the boat is out of town til tomorrow evening. I'll get a price as soon as I can!</P>

7. Duckdude

Duckdude AKA Yo Daddy

<P>i am looking for a john boat with a lot of freeboard. most of the ones i have hunted out of only road about a foot off the water. i am looking for something like 2 feet.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">chris</P>

8. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>Okay, I finally got to talk to the owner of the boat Chris. He's asking $&nbsp;495 for it on the trailer. The trailer is big enough to handle a 14' rig if you ever upgraded (my trailer cost me $525 when I bought my boat). I hope to post a pic or two by wed.</P>

9. Duckdude

Duckdude AKA Yo Daddy

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">do you know what make of boat it is? i take it the trailer is just a flat utility trailer. i have access to a 9 horse mud buddy. do you think that is too much power for the boat? i know you are located near youngstown as we have talked before. i might be able to take a ride out there. </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">chris</P>

10. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P>Chris, it's a Landau 1247. I'll check the boat later for motor specs.</P>

11. Duckdude

Duckdude AKA Yo Daddy

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">sounds good thanks jim. i take it the trailer is just a flat bed utility trailer?</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">chris</P>

12. jmschreck1

jmschreck1 Active Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">It's rated for 5 hp. The trailer is definitely a boat trailer whith the winch and bunks on it. Pat (my buddy who owns it) dropped off a Humminbird 2000</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">or 4000 that go with it along with two swivel seats and the clamp on lights that go with it. I'll take pics after I get the seats on it.</P>