1 down........... 1 to go! todays results...

Discussion in 'Ohio Gobbler Hunting' started by ToledoDean, Apr 18, 2005.

1. ToledoDean

ToledoDean New Member

<P>I shot a 20 pounder with a 9" beard @ 6:50 this morning. They did not gobble at all, I knew they were coming out in this field and where they where coming out at. I set out 2 decoys(which I didn't need!) and waited on them. They where henned up bad, and if I would have called the hens would have probably took them the other way. Like they did yesterday @ a different location on my son's youth hunt.</P>

2. jeffk

jeffk New Member

<P>Good hunt Dean! </P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Ours are henned up bad, too. Had a real hot one at 7:00 gobbling. Next thing he went the other way. probably following a hen.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Good Luck tomorrow and congratulations.</P>

3. ToledoDean

ToledoDean New Member

<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Jeff,</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;Here in NW, Ohio they are henned up pretty good.&nbsp; The best advise I can give, is to pattern a bird and wait and ambush him. Maybe in a week or 2 these hens will go to nest and let the gobblers off on there own.</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">P.S. thats where I hunted all weekend (NW, Oh)</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">&nbsp;</P> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Saturday morning we set up&nbsp; and didn't have to good of luck. I left my boy with my brother and I went out scouting. I found a small woods with a big tom on each side of it strutting in the fields, each with hens.&nbsp;I went back and picked them up and snuck in the woods and set up. called and nothing. I waited 10 minutes and used my gobble shaker, which returned a gobble and within seconds&nbsp;1 of the big boys came running in and my boy missed him @ about 25 yards. Oh well!! Then on Sunday we set up on&nbsp;a bird.(explained above).</P>

4. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator