What's the farthest shot you taken

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Goosebuster, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Goosebuster

Goosebuster New Member

The farthest shot I have taken and actually hit was on a Ground hog. That bad boy was out 283 yards. I hit him with a Ruger Model 777 .223. I love that gun. It may sound grewsome, but Took his head right off! Hornady molly coated balistic tip. Don't remember what grain bullet it was. It was awsome.

2. robert

robert New Member

THIS THREAD IS ASKING FOR CRITIZISM OF NONBELIEVERS

3. tripleb

tripleb New Member

The longest shot I have taken on groundhogs, and made, has been between 550 and 570 yards, based upon ranges laser measured to bushes in front and in back of him. Shot was with a Savage FVSS in .22-250.

The longest shot I have ever made with my Savage FVSS in .223 was a little over 400 yards.

With an accurate rifle, good optics and a rangefinder, shots under 600 yards are not particularly difficult to make from a good rest, if the wind is calm, there is little mirage, and the groundhogs reappear after a sighting shot or two is taken at them. Without all of those factors present, they can be difficult beyond 300 yards.

4. ohiohunter

ohiohunter New Member

My longest shot was about 550 yards with a custon 6x284.I have come very close at ranges out to 1000 yards.