SBE 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BAMF44, Nov 12, 2017.

1. BAMF44

BAMF44 Member

Two questions

For anyone that has one or has shot one what did you think about it?

Second, I’m looking at getting one so I’m curious if anyone has seen a good deal on one. Cabelas sale price was no sale

2. intensity1

intensity1 Member

Honest opinion- I've shot one and it is a lot heavier than my A5. I also don't see any difference between the Sbe2 and the 3. Shot both and feel the same.

BAMF44 likes this.

3. sofakinglazy

sofakinglazy Member

Not sure which model or barrel length your A5 is but the SBE3 with a 28' barrel is 7.0 lbs. and the 26" weighs 6.9 lbs. The lightest weight i was able to find on the Browning A5 was 6 lbs 12oz's

For what its worth i like my SBE for dependability and ease of cleaning and maintenance.

Either way you wont go wrong.

Good luck

BAMF44 likes this.
  4. BAMF44

BAMF44 Member

Thanks! I have a SBE2 right now, trying to sell myself on the upgrade.

5. JP

JP Active Member

Cant imagine much has changed with the overall feel of the gun other than the forend is a little narrower.
    One big thing is they say they resolved the issue of the bolt not going into battery so on the SBE3 the Benelli click is a thing of the past.

Let us know if you find a good deal. If your interested in selling the II PM me

BAMF44 likes this.
  6. BAMF44

BAMF44 Member

Will do. We’ll see what happens
    Will do. We’ll see what happens closer to Christmas maybe they’ll be just an arm and not an arm and a leg to buy.

7. I_Shock_Em

I_Shock_Em Member

I purchased one back in September. Haven't shot it a lot yet but so far I really like it. Personally, I like the feel of the SB3 over the SB2. Seems to me it shoulders a little better. Best deal I found in NE Ohio area was B&T Shooting supplies in Middleburg Heights. $50 cheaper than anywhere else, plus (at the time, not sure about now) you got a free Stoeger .177cal air rifle ($200 value)

BAMF44 and Toner07 like this.
  8. BAMF44

BAMF44 Member

I’ll be curious to hear what you think after you shoot it. Saw a couple random pages about the new 3 shooting considerably high because of the new stock.

9. silvermoose

silvermoose Member

My brother went and bought one and after patterning it, found it was foot high foot right at 20 yards. Benelli took it back and fixed problem within 2 weeks. He seems pleased with customer service and has it shooting how he wants it now.

BAMF44 likes this.