Public hunting near Wooster Ohio

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by atowngolfer, Jan 14, 2009.

1. atowngolfer

atowngolfer New Member

I go college in wooster and i seen a sign for public hunting land tonight. Does anyone know what the name of the place is. It is about 10 minutes from Ohio State ATI in wooster.

2. atowngolfer

atowngolfer New Member

Just looked into it more and it is killbuck marsh. Does anyone know if this is any good hunting? from what i seen it seemed to be some nice woods to hunt

3. mjmaurer

mjmaurer Active Member

<P>&nbsp;Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area,&nbsp;located in Holmes and Wayne County. Used to always see bow hunters in there when I was duck hunting. Spent a lot of hours in my canoe down there and there's some nice deer in that place.&nbsp; MJ</P>

4. BrianZ

BrianZ New Member

<P>I had a four point walk through my decoys a few years back at Killbuck.&nbsp; I've seen a lot of deer there but nothing big.</P>

5. Boonedawg

Boonedawg New Member

You can hunt Killbuck?<br>

6. BrianZ

BrianZ New Member

<P>There are quite a few guys that deer hunt killbuck.&nbsp; A few years back a guy wanted to arrow my lab as we were walking out.&nbsp; The dog usually runs a litttle bit ahead of me--30 yards or so.&nbsp;&nbsp;The hunter then&nbsp;saw me walking with a 12 ga and thought twice about it.</P>