DIPPING SHOT GUNS

Discussion in 'Shotguns, Shotgunning, Ballistics & "Shooter's Tal' started by CaptMark, Feb 24, 2005.

1. CaptMark

CaptMark Retired Ohio Waterfowler Staff Member Moderator

ANY CONTACT NUMBERS ?

2. HROTHGAR

HROTHGAR New Member

http://duracoatinc.com or 706-321-1222

3. pcgoosehunter

pcgoosehunter New Member

http://www.trebark.com/second_skin/

$190 for a full shotgun dipped.

4. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Jeff,
    Have you or your dad had any guns done by them?

5. robert

robert New Member

GANDER MNT. DIPS THEM BUT THE GUNSMITH SAID IT ISNT WORTH IT AS IT CHIPS OFF

6. GoosePimp

GoosePimp New Member

Which Gander Mtn was this at? As far as I know they are sent out to another Gander store and they do the dipping. From what I hear it is top notch stuff. I believe they all wear off after time. You gotta use the wear and tear term loosely. If you are an avid shotgunner you are going to wear down the finish. I have seen many factory camo guns wear off after time as they are all dipped at the factory just like the aftermarket finishes.

7. robert

robert New Member

8. bigduck10

bigduck10 New Member

Watch early in the year when you are using bug juice. Any bug juice with deet in it will put a hammer on your gun's finish.

The stuff eats through the camo finish like termites through wood!

9. GregBenner

GregBenner New Member

I had my sbe done at gander in twinsburg 3 yrs. ago and it has held up very good they did send it to another store i dont know where.$125.00 the best money i ever spent on it.

10. pcgoosehunter

pcgoosehunter New Member

Chappy,

No we haven't, but I bought a Benelli Nova in black and thought about having it dipped in Shadow grass. But, I didn't do it. I don't know if it would stay on that synthetic stock and forearm on the Nova.

11. Grizz109

Grizz109 New Member

Briley MFG also dips guns but they charge about $350.00 but it's supposed to hold up pretty good you might want to call and talk to them their web address is brileymfg.com

12. CODB

CODB New Member

Bigduck10 had a great point. I used bug juice and wasn't aware of the effects it had on camo finish. My factory SX2 finish is a lil marred but still shoots straight.

13. Garyoutlaw

Garyoutlaw New Member

<P>Will the new top coat feel like Dura-touch?</P>

14. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher New Member

<P>had my 870 dipped 5 years ago, it is holding up very well except on the sharp edges of the rear rifle sight, it has peeled slightly, but other than that it has taken a beating and help up very well $ 175 for the whole shotgun.</P>